|Closing Date||2016/12/10||Work Type||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies||One||Gender||Any|
|Contract Duration||1 Year||Years of Experience||5 Years|
|Probation Period||3 months||Salary Range||As per salary scale|
Taxation specialistsare the experts in providing commercially-focused tax advice and tax services to a wide range of clients who operate in all sectors of the economy. This involves devising tax-efficient strategies for multinational and domestic based clients in diverse business situations, including mergers, takeovers and corporate reconstructions. Taxation specialist work continually to help ensure that their clients make the best business decisions in the light of fiscal change and development. They monitor and anticipate changes to tax legislation and respond quickly with advice specific to their clients’ particular commercial requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Helping businesses and individuals create strategies for dealing with tax and prepare for their future in the financial market
• Advising and consulting with clients in order to provide advice about tax legislation, e.g. ensuring businesses and assets are properly structured to minimize the incidence of taxation
• Review and analyze government apportionment / allocation information
• Calculating tax liability, ensuring compliance is completed speedily and efficiently, and submitting tax returns and associated documents by the appropriate deadlines.
• Assist in responding to tax audit inquiries.
• Review base reporting data for property tax returns in order to minimize reportable cost basis.
• Ensuring that tax withheld are deposited to Government within due time
• Preparing monthly reports of taxes withheld (client’s)
• Filing relevant documents of taxes withheld and deposited to Government
• Dealing with Ministry of Finance regarding any tax issue
• Obtaining tax exemption certificates from concerned department of MoF for the new awarded projects
• Keeping monthly record of individual staff’s salaries and taxes withheld (Client’s)
• Preparing annual tax deduction certificates for individual staff members as Income tax of Afghanistan and ensuring that a copy of each certificate is submitted to Ministry of Finance within due time
• Providing clientswith relevant documents to be submitted to Ministry of Finance for obtaining annual clearance.
• Preparing and submitting to Ministry of Finance any other statement as may be announced by Income tax authorities from time to time
• Dealing with any other tax issue that may arise
• BA/BS in Accounting, Business/Public Administration or related field preferred
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in Taxation
• Excellent written and spoken Dari/Pashto
• Fluency in English
• Management Experience
• Strong interpersonal verbal and written communications skills, demonstrated professional disposition;
• Knowledge of Afghan taxation Law
• Highly Committed
• Strong computer skills (MS Office suite)
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Please note the following when applying:
• Mention position title on the subject of email;
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.